Grab your sweetheart and head over to the Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas for a getaway that is one part play, one part date.[row] [column size=’1/3′][/column] [column size=’2/3′]Friday Afternoon/Evening
- Check in to your hotel or B&B, freshen up and grab your sweetheart by the hand for a stroll around the Square.
- Stop along the way for a glass of wine and a sweet treat to savor as you admire the two most beautiful features of Texas – our Square and your date.[/column]
- Wake up later than usual and venture out for a leisurely brunch at one of our favorite farm-to-table restaurants.
- Kick-start the day with some breakfast at one of the spots along the square.
- Take your coffee to go and wander around Southwestern University’s beautiful campus before the stores on the Square open for the day.
- Opening time, meander to the Square and splurge on some one-of-a-kind finds.
- Care to work off a bit of that breakfast? We’d suggest borrowing one of our free bikes at the Visitors Center for a spin around town to explore the history of the city from:
- In need of a respite? Slow your roll for a snack break or picnic lunch on the banks of Lake Georgetown or Blue Hole.
- After some downtime at the hotel and a costume change, it’s back out for dinner by candle-light or star-light, depending on your preference.
- Following your toast-worthy meal, catch the curtain call for at the Palace Theatre.
- Applaud the production, then cozy up for a night cap at one of the niche watering holes in town. Check our online calendar for live music spots and last minute events if you’re not ready to wind down.
- Another morning perfect for sleeping in a little later, but not too late because breakfast is not only the most important but also one of the most delicious parts of the day.
- With coffee to go, the options are open for your last day in town:
- Wrap up the weekend with some sugar on top from a downtown bakery.