Old Williamson County Jail
312 Main Street
circa 1888. The lawlessness of the frontier days prompted county fathers to commission this imposing fortress-like jail, the county’s fourth. The limestone building with crenelated parapet was designed by prominent Waco architects, Dodson and Dudley, in a style reminiscent of the French Bastille. This historic building no longer serves as a jail, but has become a landmark, housing offices in downtown Georgetown.