‘Tis the season for a little sparkle, a little twinkle and a whole lot of magical moments in the Most Beautiful Town Square in Texas. Pack up your family f or a winter wonderland-worthy weekend away in Georgetown. Might we suggest checking our Holiday Events calendar so you can plan a weekend around our Holiday Lights or our Christmas Stroll.
[column size=’2/3′]Friday Afternoon [/row][row]
[column size=’2/3′]Friday Evening
• Arrive in town, check into you hotel and stretch your legs from the car.
• Venture over to the Square for an afternoon snack and some early holiday shopping.[/column]
• Checked a few things off the list, time to bask in the glow of twinkling lights.
• Enjoy a new take on the Square under festive lights.
• Grab some dinner at one of the tasty spots around the Square then head to your hotel for bedtime.[/column] [/row][row] [column size=’1/3′][/column] [column size=’2/3′]Saturday Morning
• Up and at ‘em for a day of history, adventures and festivities
• Breakfast is the most important meal of the day so it’s best not to miss it. Enjoy something delicious on the go at one of our coffee shops or sit down for a full helping of yum.
• Stop in to the Georgetown Convention & Visitors Center to rent a few free ride share bikes to cruise around town.
• Bike on over to Blue Hole
• Explore San Gabriel Park
• Cycle through Southwestern University’s campus[/column] [/row]
[row][column size=’1/3′][/column] [column size=’2/3′]Saturday Afternoon
• Don’t know about you, but we’re always hungry after a morning of explorations. Enjoy some lunch at one of our favorite places on the Square or off.
• Filled up on goodness, time to take in some history and some heritage
• Stroll down our historic streets and snap some photos of our beautifully decorated and well-preserved homes.
• Put your learning cap on for a few tour options:
• Historic Williamson County Courthouse
• The Williamson County Museum
• Gained all the knowledge you could, time for a hot chocolate pick me up.[/column] [/row][row] [column size=’1/3′][/column] [column size=’2/3′]Saturday Evening
• After some naps and a bit of downtime back at the hotel, everyone’s refreshed and ready for a festive evening out and about.
• Take some time to stroll the Square, window shop and find a menu that tempts even the pickiest of taste buds.
• Savor your farm-to-fork fresh food, but don’t stay too long, you have a seasonal play to catch the Palace Theatre.
• Share the last round of applause, pick up a sweet treat and tuck the kids in bed with visions of sugarplums dancing in their heads. [/column][/row] [row][column size=’1/3′][/column] [column size=’2/3′]Sunday Morning
• Snug-as-a-bug-in-a-rug, no reason to jump out of bed, so hit the snooze and sleep in.
• Don’t stay in bed too long, breakfast is definitely calling and we have some breakfast plates with your name on it by the Square.
• It’s not quite time to hit the road, so take one more stroll, pop in to the Georgetown Art Center and grab some last minute gifts.[/column] [/row][row] [column size=’1/3′][/column] [column size=’2/3′]Sunday Afternoon
• Oh before you go, take the adventure underground to the Inner Space Cavern for a walk back in time.[/column] [/row]